Sunday, October 27, 2013

Products I love vs. Products I don't

So far I have done reviews of single items that I've used or purchased this year alone. I thought it would be a great idea to just put loads of them together and just do them all out once. Its not that I don't love writing about each product but this post includes products that I'm not so eager about. I apologize in advance that I don't have personal pictures of the products I'm going to talk about. I don't have some of them anymore because I threw them away or I've used them up lol.

First one up is the Simple Soothing Facial Toner
Image taken from Google
I was looking for a good toner because my skin was breaking out until recently and I purchased this because I thought it would help. Before I buy anything I go out an read reviews about the product and how its worked or not worked on people who have used it. The reviews on this were all talking about how great it was and how it worked like a charm. As always, there is always that one person which the product doesn't work on and I take those into account as well. Since the reviews were amazing I went out and bought. I used it for over a month and I didn't really see a change in my skin. I kept getting spots and nothing really seemed to change. Guess I was one of the unfortunate buyers the product doesn't work for. One thing I didn't like a lot about this product, other than the fact that it did nothing to me, was the way it all pours out. You can definitely use up so much of that product really quickly. Bottom line, I don't love it. 

Second product I want to talk about are two Buxom Blushes/Blushers
Images taken from Google
Alright, these two were a purchase that I didn't plan or anticipate. I kind of just walked into the store and bought them. I initially went to Sephora to purchase one blusher that is made by Dior but I thought it was too expensive for the amount of product that you received. I asked for a similar color and the sales associate showed me the Buxom blushes. I had never used any Buxom products before so I was a bit uneasy making the purchase. I don't know if these were part of a special edition because I've gone back and I can't find them anymore. The blusher on the left is called Seduction. It is a very bright pink color but don't let it put you off. It is really nice once put on the skin. I would recommend this color during the winter more than the summer. The blusher on the right is called Breathless. It is a peach colored blusher and it is perfect for the summer. I would not wear it for winter just because it goes better with a tan. Both of these blushers have a matte finish so there is no shimmer or creaminess to them. Just good old powder blushers. The color is amazing so I love them! 

Third product is going to be Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lipbalm
Image taken from Google
Let me start off that Soap & Glory is not found all over the states but there are some stores that do carry their products. I actually like Soap & Glory very much, so when I came across this little baby I bought it without really thinking it. First off, the scent of this is divine! It is peach scented, which makes it super amazing. It is not too strong of a scent but it makes you want to lick it right off your lips. I suppose that's why its called "great kisser", who doesn't want to kiss someone with amazing smelling lips? This balm is really, REALLY glossy. It could possibly be a lipgloss if it wanted to. Its a bit too sticky for my preference but I guess I could ignore that because of the scent. I wore it for a while and I didn't really see a change on my lips. I must be immune to all products that repair anything on the body, right? I would even put it on at night to prevent me from licking it right off my lips. It didn't work at all. Also, you have to be extremely careful not to let lint inside of it with your finger or anything because it is extremely hard to pick it off as the consistency is sticky. I have to say that I don't love it. Sorry, Soap & Glory *sad face*.

Fourth product is the Dior Show Iconic Overcurl Mascara
Image taken from Google
For starters, this was not a purchase but a sample that I received at Sephora. They have their awesome rewards/points system so you can purchase and get points and trade them for rewards. In one of my visits I chose this little guy. (Don't you think its funny how men attribute a female persona to their objects and women attribute a male? It made me chuckle a little haha). Anyway, this mascara is AMAZING! I love it! It is hands down the best mascara I've ever tried. I don't know if my eyes are sensitive but they tend to get irritated with a lot of other mascaras. When I opted to try this one, I was a bit weary but I didn't have to be. It makes your eyelashes seem so much thicker. It doesn't smear or end up everywhere. The wand is so easy to control, mind you I don't put mascara on my lower lashes but I'm sure it works great. I definitely recommend this mascara but if you are on a budget then I would save up for it lol. I love it!

Fifth product is Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
Image taken from Google
As I explained before, I have a rewards card for Sephora and usually it also comes with perks where you receive small samples of products. I received this foundation as a sample, which I think was a smart choice for Sephora because it saved me the trouble to ask for it. I tried it for about two weeks straight and fell in love with it. It is so light but it gives you coverage. I wouldn't say its complete coverage but its about medium coverage. It makes so much of a difference on me. My face looks even all over and more awake. I think of this as a winter foundation because the air is dryer and this is meant to give you a brightening look. My favorite part of foundations is when they don't make you break out and this didn't. I'm in the shade "I'm so money, honey" and I think its a bit light when I tan a little in the summer, which is another reason why I say its a winter foundation. I love it! 

Sixth and final product is the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
Image taken from Google
This is one of my holy grail items! I just had to say that to start with. I adore this concealer. The texture is not runny but its not thick. I think its perfect. It goes on well under the eyes and I find that it doesn't crease. I have really bad under eye circles, I know its cliche for people to say that but I'm not lying, and they only increase if I don't sleep well. This concealer covers them really well. It is not completely because you can only conceal so much but when put with a corrector it works really well. I have to repurchase it because that's how much I love it. The only thing I don't like much is the pump. You don't really have a lot of control on how much product your get out so if you only use it around your eyes, you have a lot left over. I tend to apply this with my finger and pat it until it is all blended out. This is my favorite and its probably the product I love more than all the other products I mentioned. I LOVE IT! 

Okay, so that is it for this post. I hope this is helpful to anyone trying to figure out if these products are good or not before you buy them. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment