Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua


I sat here contemplating whether to watch the second episode of The Originals or to write this long over due blog post; I decided to multitask. I think one of the biggest challenges, when it comes to makeup, is finding the perfect foundation. I've gone on my own little journey and have found one of my favorite foundations, EVER! It is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I think my favorite part of this foundation is that it is so light that you can barely feel its there. Another thing about this foundation is that it is water based. My skin is combination to oily skin, where I tend to be more oily around my T-zone than anywhere else on my face. It is not a full coverage foundation so if you are looking for something with more coverage, this is not for you. Even though it doesn't offer full coverage, this is my favorite foundation for the Summer. It doesn't add any sort of "glow" to my face because when you live in Texas you don't want more glow than what your face already produces, unless you have completely perfect skin. Although I wouldn't call it glow, but a glistening kind of sweat all over your body.

This foundation makes it feel as if you have no makeup on because it is water based. It doesn't make you feel gross or sticky on a hot day. This doesn't mean that in the winter you have to buy a new foundation that won't make your dry skin, if you have any, look any drier. Since the foundation is water based this mean it has no oil, which if you have combination/oily skin it is awesome on you. I don't get as many breakouts as I get with other foundations. I don't know about you but for me its a plus. I've heard that for people with dry skin it tends to "attach" itself to dry patches. The only solution I can think of is exfoliate really well and wear a really good moisturizer. When you first buy this foundation you have to make sure to shake it to mix the product with the water. I usually use a pea size and its enough for my face. Depending on how much you want to put on, its your choice. I personally think that a pea size is enough to cover small imperfections and you can always just go over them with concealer if you like to cover them up completely.

The price is surely to be consider a splurge because its not cheap. I bought my foundation on the Macy's Chanel counter and it was $45 + tax. The lady was very helpful and friendly and offered to match me to the right shade. If you aren't so sure about purchasing the foundation then and there. I suggest you ask for a sample. They give you a really cute bottle that has a spatula attached to the cap to get the contents out. The bottle lasted me about two weeks or a little bit more which I think is enough time to decide whether you like the foundation or not. Once I was sure I liked it, I went back and purchased it. If you are worried they won't have your shade you can always stop by and look at their 10 shades. Another reason why I love this foundation is that it smells pleasant. Its not an over powering scent but its really light. If you do buy this foundation, I suggest you use your fingers to apply it because it goes on so smoothly. If you must use a brush then you can but I would spread the foundation out first and then use the brush to blend it out.

Now its time for bed! xx
P.S. I really recommend the series "The Originals"!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment