Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Well Deserved Introduction

As I am taking a break from reviewing loads of chemistry, I wanted to write down a little introduction about myself. I know there is already an about page but I don't think that's enough insight to who I am as a person. Its probably important to people and it probably isn't, but what the heck?! (hmm, I should probably start with my name haha). My name is Marlene and I am a 23 year old university student. I like to buy all sorts of stuff but amongst my favorite is probably makeup. I also love buying clothes but sometimes I can't seem to find what I want in the store.

I am currently majoring in psychology and minoring in biology. I am also a pre-med student and I want to be a doctor some day. Its quite a combination of interests that I have but I really want to help people and more than just psychologically. If there are any questions you guys have about school or you are nervous about what you might find out there. Anything really! I would be glad to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I am from the great sunny land of California. I used to live in Orange County, aka the OC, but moved to Texas about two years ago to be with my family. The transition was very hard for me as I was going through a very emotional moment in my life and I felt rather alone. Its a very depressing story in my opinion but there is nothing time can't heal.

I am also the oldest child of two. I only have one younger sister and she is a really great person. She can have her moments but there is nothing I care most about than family and friends. I think its important to keep those you love and who love you close by your side. Speaking of friends, I have some of the greatest friends. One of them is Amy. She is the most amazing person ever! I don't know what I would have done without her by now. My other friend is Justin. He is the best! I honestly cannot have better friends in the world. I've had my good share of crappy friends but let us not dwell on that. It is rather sad and a very long story to tell in one night.

I have two jobs outside of school. I consider going to school a job because it can be mentally draining and stressful. I am what you might call a work-a-holic. I love to work! I like staying busy but then again there are times that I just want to lay in bed and sleep for hours. Also, I am a pizza enthusiast. I love it! I could eat it any day of the week and mostly all the time but I try not to because then, you know, the deliciousness goes to my bum. I don't know what else to write about me. I think this was slightly easier than writing a personal essay about myself, like I did back in high school. There is something way too narcissistic about trying to sell yourself as the perfect addition to a campus that I can't join in. As I tell my friend Amy, I am completely average and normal so I don't think writing about myself could be very beneficial. Ironically enough, its like prostituting yourself haha. The screwing part happens when the universities charge you loads of money to get an education. Okay, I'm going way off topic. I hope you all like this post. It is quite random and I should have probably started with this but better late than never!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment