Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Student Life

If there is anything I like ranting more about in life its about school. Its possibly one of the most stressful times when you are trying to figure out what to do and what your career will be in the long run. You scramble around trying to find what will be a better choice but everything is super confusing. I haven't felt so overwhelmed before until now. I know what I want to do for a living but I feel like its going to take ages to actually get there, let alone the amount of debt I will eventually accumulate. Today at work a coworker of mine asked me what year I was and I simply didn't know what to answer her. I feel like I've been in school for so long that if feels like I'm a Super Senior! The way some programs work is totally misleading because they tell you its a four year program and it turns into five, six, or seven years. The university doesn't tell you that some classes may not be available for you or that you will have to struggle to get into some because of the demand on the class. Its completely insane! Another thing that gets to me is the way some advisers work with you as a student. They tell you the classes you should take, and sometimes take the liberty of making your class plan for your future semesters/quarters, without taking into account how much it actually costs to take all those classes. If you plan on going to college or a university make sure you have someone guide you through what needs to be done. Make sure that its someone who cares at least a little about you, as student, and they are not just there to do their job and get paid to punch in the hours. Well, this is all I have to say today. This is my little rant on college and trust me this made me feel loads better.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment