Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Annoying Little Spots

Hello Everyone!

Recently I've been having a bit of breakouts around my cheek area and I've been trying to get rid of them for some time now. Its a bit depressing knowing you have a spot on your face. All I can imagine is this little pesky thing that has a life of its own and won't leave my face because its found it quite comfy. As far as I can remember, I've had spots/acne/pimples (I like the word spots because it doesn't sound so gross) since about seventh grade. They would come out around my forehead, and luckily for me I didn't have bangs back then (sarcasm). I thought it would be a brilliant idea to grow them out but that backfired. I tried about everything I could and/or afford at the time. My mother would put so many masks on my face that sometimes helped but none gave me the results that I wanted. I even got facials for some time that, in my opinion, made it worse. I would come out looking like I had sprouted chicken pox again. It was really awful back in the day; puberty hit me hard.

After my two years of bad acne, they started clearing up once I moved onto high school. My skin wasn't exactly perfect because I had scarring or pigmentation on it because of the spots. I chose to ignore it until I was allowed to wear a bit of makeup. This didn't happen until about my 11th year. After high school, I started looking at other things aside from the over the counter products. I've tried Clearasil, Neutrogena, and Clean & Clear, just to name a few. I actually think those are the most common acne products in the US. I started trying Murad, Clinique, and Origins. Some of these products worked a bit and some didn't. I absolutely hate when a product dries out my skin, and some did exactly that.

One of the things I definitely changed was the things I ate. I don't think its necessarily greasy things that you eat that make you break out but a combination of diet, exercise, and products you use. It gets annoying to deprive yourself from the sweet and delicious delicacies the world has to offer for clear skin. Who wouldn't prefer clear skin to eating a donut? I know I would. At the time when I entered college, my mother had gotten really into healthy diets and green drinks/juices. If you had a problem my mother had a juice for it or a vitamin/supplement. That's when my mother started giving Biotin, Complex B, and Omega-3 supplements along with green juices and healthier meals. My face got more clear than it had ever before and even the scarring was starting to come off. Its possible that scarring doesn't come off by my forehead has no sign of previous spots, unless you count the ones I've gotten so far now. I really recommend Omega-3 because unless you eat a lot of fish or avocado you don't necessarily get a lot of it. It is amazing for skin but you also have to be careful on the brand because some brands use a capsule that isn't so good to digest, or something along those lines. Biotin is also really good for skin, hair, and nails. That little supplement, its quite small, makes my nails grow super fast. I find it annoying but some people might find it a blessing.

With my Recent breakouts I have revisited some products from Clinique and Murad that have helped a bit. I also started doing masks on my own that are quite simple because as a university student I don't have time to mix and find all the ingredients for different masks. I also don't have the brains cells to remember the recipes. I usually do an oatmeal mask that helps out with scarring and redness. I usually take a little oatmeal in the palm of my hand and wet it with a bit of water until its moist (sorry if some of you don't like that word). I squeeze it and let the white powdery liquid drip onto my other palm of my hand and then dab it onto my skin. I take the oatmeal, a little bit at a time, and massage my face with it so it kind of exfoliates. I leave some bits of the oatmeal on my face concentrating on the scars and the spots because I feel like this focuses more on those areas. I leave it on for about 10-15 minutes or until it is dry. If you feel like you can't laugh or smile then its time to take it off.

Another mask I use is a honey mask. I don't put anything else with it just pure honey. The trick to this is using pure bee honey. It has to be the most natural honey ever! It helps with spots and some scarring. I haven't really seen a difference with scarring but with spots I have. One reason I know this works is because my sister had a lot of spots on her cheeks and she tired so many things, as I did, and nothing worked. If it did they would just come back. She used the honey mask and I swear, her face has cleared up so much. There is no spots on her cheeks anymore and she feels so much better without them. So if you have spots and scarring give these two a go and see if they work for you. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results that day. After doing it for a few days you will see a difference and you will sassy snap those spots away.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment