Friday, April 10, 2015

Happy National Siblings Day!

Wow three posts in one week! I've honestly impressed myself so much right now. Well today was National Siblings Day and my sister and I accidentally celebrated this. I say accidentally because we just happened to grab some lunch after going to see some prom dresses. We went to one of my favorite restaurants called Kona Grill which is located in San Antonio, Texas at La Cantera. I wouldn't say its cozy but more of a modern relaxed restaurant. You can just go and have food and drinks with friends and chat for a bit. The best times to go, and if you fancy going to pricey places, is happy hour. Usually people think happy hour is only for like simple appetizers and alcoholic drinks, at least that's what I thought when I was younger, but it isn't. They have sushi rolls, avocado egg rolls, fried calamari, so on and so forth. I promise you it is delicious! 


This here is one of my favorites. It is the chicken and shrimp lettuce wraps. It has all sorts of veggies mixed in with a yummy sauce. In the little silver container there is some spicy dressing/sauce. I usually love spicy food but this can give you a really bad stomachache if you are sensitive to spicy food. That little mound of green is some cucumber with some seaweed (I am never a fan of it in any other form except like this) and some crab meat.  




When ever friends and I go we get these same items as well as sushi (I am not a fan of sushi, nope not a fan). This here is there pepperoni flat bread and I just happened to add mushrooms because I LOVE mushrooms! It is so delicious and its like eating pizza. Who doesn't like going to every restaurant and getting pizza?!






I am a big foodie, if you haven't concluded that by now, so I like to order all sorts of food when I go out. I'm not as adventurous as that might make it sound but I'll try anything that smells good. My favorite dessert ever is creme brûlée. Goodness gracious! this is the greatest thing ever invented. Sure it has loads of sugar in it but once in a while "treat yo self". I must always get one of these when I do to Kona. There may be better creme brûlée elsewhere but this will do for now.   





Hope you enjoyed your day and if you have a sibling give them the biggest hug. 


No comments:

Post a Comment