Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dream Pure BB Cream by Maybelline Review









Hello! so I've been absent for a bit because of school and work, you know the usual. I'm completely terrible at time management at the moment, don't blame me I'm just human. Alright so I really want to talk about the Dream Pure BB Cream. I know its been out for about a year or so, don't hold me responsible for this information, but I decided to give it a try. I was a bit reluctant to try it at first because the range of colors available isn't extensive but I took the risk. It's not terribly expensive, so its a winner if you are on a budget (nudge, nudge broke college students). Another thing why I chose to grab this was because the consistency isn't heavy or thick. I found this out by slightly peeling back the label before I purchased it to make sure I would like it, naughty me, but the downside to buying makeup at the drug store is that there isn't tester bottles. 












The product claims its a 8 in 1 product and they are not joking, well from what I can tell it isn't a joke. It claims to clear acne (hence the 2% Salicylic Acid), conceal imperfections, minimize look of pores, reduces appearance of redness, adjusts to skin tone, hydrates and smoothes, enhances and clarifies, and 0% oils and lightweight feel. In my experience, I don't have terrible acne prone skin but I do tend to break out certain times a month. Since the last time that I broke out, I noticed a gradual change on my skin. I haven't had huge spots on my face since using product and probably drinking a liter or two a day has also given it a helping hand. I wouldn't say it offers high coverage, its more about light to medium coverage. I haven't seen an extreme difference in my pore size but maybe its because I don't pay a lot of attention to them. My skin doesn't really have any redness but I think it can slightly help if you do only because this is really light to medium coverage. I believe they only carry three or four shades (I use the medium shade) and it does kind of settle into your natural color without leaving you looking too pale or orange. I do agree that it hydrates, smoothes, enhances, and clarifies your skin. This next one is the biggest plus for me, it is lightweight feel and 0% oils. I have oily to combination type skin and something with oil would not be the right choice but this works really well. I still get slightly oily around my nose but who doesn't, plus its spring/summer here in Texas so my skin naturally produces more oils or sweat or both (lovely, isn't it?). Overall I really enjoy using this because I don't have to use foundation every day and I can just wear this on a lazy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment