Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cover those Spots in Pink: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion








Hello there again! Well today I want to write about one of the best products I've ever tried, it is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. It's possible that you might have heard of it before or maybe this is the first time that you read about it. My friend recommended this product when I asked him what he used on his face (FYI, I have never seen one pimple on his face). You can buy this online at the Mario Badescu website or you can go to your local ULTA and purchase it there as well. The price of this product is about $17, a little expensive compared to other acne products, but it is very well worth it. I've also seen Sephora carry it in case you don't have an ULTA near you. I was very excited to use this product because of the great reviews I had previously read. One of the things that can be a little concerning when you've had acne before is that changing your current and effective routine might cause break outs, so you can't blame someone for being a little scared. 







As the picture above shows, there is this pink sediment settled at the bottom of the bottle and on top lays a clear liquid. The bottle is small enough to fit pretty much anywhere in case you need to travel or staying over at a friends house. It is 1 fl oz, which is ideal to take on your carry on luggage. When I first tried it I did just as the bottle instructed on the back. I used a cotton swab and dipped it in the pink sediment. Make sure not to shake it, it is not stated why you shouldn't on the bottle but might as well just follow the instructions (mine looks a bit murky because I accidentally dropped it, whoops). Once you've dipped in the pink sediment you lift it right out of the bottle (don't swirl it) and put it on any blemishes you might have on your face. I recommend that you don't pop your spots before you put this on because it will sting you. Also don't pop them and place the solution on the blemish because it might actually get worse and will leave scarring (I tell you from experience ha ha). You have to leave the solution on throughout the night and wash it off the next day. Its quite easy to wash off and doesn't leave any kind of scarring if you don't touch or pop your blemishes. This is generally for all skin types but if you suffer from a worse kind of acne make sure you check with your dermatologist, if you have one, or with the website or the sales associates. The website says that it is great for back and chest acne but my sister and I have used it on our face and it works like magic. It dries the spots overnight, of course some might take two or three nights but it works amazingly. A little bonus that I thought was quite nifty was that you can use it on mosquito bites and it will help. As someone who gets loads of them during the summer this is a double bonus. The product will definitely last you for more than the year that it's good for but you won't regret buying it. It is definitely a good investment for $17 and think about it, you may spend $4 or $7 on another treatment that might work too but how many of those will you be buying during the year? This one basically works over night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment