Tuesday, August 11, 2015

They're Real! Eyeliner Review




Hello gorgeous people of the internet! How are you all today? Well I'm great, thank you very much. I'm slightly sleepy but in very high spirits. I don't know if its the weather (lies, the weather was brutally hot) or the food I ate or just my day in general, but today I'm feeling great and I hope you are too! Alright, onto the actual post, I had given up on eyeliner because 1) I am complete crap when it comes to putting it on straight and 2) I look like a hooker with eyeliner on, it just doesn't suit me. When I saw this I decided to give it a go and I know this has been out for a while! as most things that I review tend to be but I really had to tried this out (kind of my last hope). This here is the They're Real! Eyeliner by Benefit and it was something a lot of people, by people I mean beauty gurus on YouTube and bloggers, were talking about. I think there was such a big hype about it because it was a completely different eyeliner than what we are used to. Its sleek and black and just awesome! or at least I thought it was before I bought it. 



I'm going to start with the positives because good news is always best! 
The product itself is really good. Its creamy and applies easily on the skin, so the quality of the eyeliner itself is magnificent. I've tried different gel liners before, like Bobbi Brown eyeliner and some drugstore brand that I didn't like (I know, I know some people swear by the Bobbi Brown eyeliner but hey, it didn't work for my oily lids). This product held up pretty nicely to those pesky lids of mine. I found it was so easy to get close to the line of my eye and it fit perfectly in my hand. The packaging fits pretty much everywhere and you don't have to carry the brush and the container because it comes in one. The tip of the pen is rubbery so it moves easily and it also helps guide the eyeliner to where you want it or how you want it to end up (thin or thick). Also, the eyeliner wouldn't budge! I didn't want to buy the remover that Benefit sells because I stand by my Philosophy make up remover, but even with that it took a good rubbing to get it off. Rubbing your eyes excessively isn't a great idea so don't do it as the skin around your eyes is super sensitive. The price is so much more cheaper than buying a brush and the gel separately! I mean its still a little expensive for me but it was for the sake of trying new and exciting things. 






Okay now the bad news (tun tun tun), the concept for this product is brilliant! I mean who wants to have to fiddle around with a brush and a little pot of gel liner when you can have it all in one. Right?! I didn't like how it was sometimes difficult to try and get the product out of this. I would twist and twist and nothing would come out. If I was standing next to someone with a brush and pot of gel they would probably finish before I did. The brush is mightier than the pen in this case. Sometimes because I clicked too much I would get more product than what I needed. Another downer is that it dries up super quickly. If you aren't an expert on your eyeliner and you have to go back and forth on it then you'd be disappointed by this. You would probably get frustrated and give up like I did many times. I'm not completely sure if this just happened to my pen, but the little rubber tip always seemed to be moist or oily for some reason. I didn't like that because it made the product kind of gross and I would have to wipe it off. The price is probably another negative for me because I paid $24 something and I wasn't completely in love with it. The product is amazing! brilliant! just fantastic! but the fact that I had trouble with my pen didn't make me like it so much. 



Overall, its a great product just not for me. I gifted this to my sister because I'm not returning it and I refuse to leave it in my corner of forgotten and rejected makeup items. If you do want to try it but not pay those $24 you can get a small version of it and I believe its only $12. I also think you get the mascara, which is AMAZING! I didn't get that because it wasn't on the market when I was looking to purchase it or else I would have bought the cheaper one.



No comments:

Post a Comment