Monday, August 3, 2015

Moroccanoil Review







Hello Everyone! Its been a long while since my last post but I have finally had some spare time to write this up. I also like to take my time with the products that I'm reviewing so that I give my most honest opinion of the product. I have been using the Moroccain oil for about six months now and I cannot say how much I love this product. I've tried about three other oil treatments before and this one is by far the best one yet. I know this has been featured and recommended by many people everywhere, as well as beauty gurus but here is my little grain of sand when it comes to this product.



This has a really faint scent. It is not completely over powering but its not completely unnoticeable. It has a rich thick consistency, so I would suggest using it on slightly damp hair and then brushing it out. This is so that your hair doesn't have clumps of oil. When I say clumps though, I don't mean it looks matted or gross but you can tell you have some product in your hair that wasn't distributed everywhere. Also, I suggest about a quarter size amount of product for your hair and then work from there if you think you need more.



The brand is really hard to find at just your local store like Target or Ulta, which is my main go to place for hair products, so you kind of have to search around if you want to personally see the bottle and the product. I bought the 0.85 FL Oz. /25 ml bottle from my hairdresser but I recently saw this same sized bottle at Nordstrom. They don't carry anything bigger but they do carry the hairspray, shampoo, and conditioner in travel sized bottles. Very few salons carry it and I'm not quite sure what it consists of, but if you are looking into buying a bigger size bottle or a different product from the same brand they do sell them online.  I will tell you this, the bottle is small but it is mighty. The bottle is an ideal size if you travel and it doesn't spill out as some other products tend to do with the pressure of the cabin on an airplane.



The bottle says that this is for all types of hair but I do know that they have a light version of this product. The difference between the original and the light is that the light is meant for more light colored and fine hair. For example, I have dark and somewhat thick hair so the original is perfect for my hair but my sister has finer and thinner hair so the light version would be best for her. Styling with this product is not the best if you are making curls. It holds up nicely but it isn't amazing. I think it works best for straight hairstyles. I am not kidding when I say this hair makes my hair super soft and so manageable. I live in a humid area so I find that this control a lot of that big frizz you get after walking outside on a humid day. You know the lion mane that just comes out of no where. Another thing, my hair is slightly wavy so I think that it makes my waves prettier and just so lovely looking. I get compliments on my hair a lot of the time. I recently cut my hair because of the heat and it was kind of getting everywhere but I'm amazed how well this product has made me actually like my shorter hair (if you haven't figured out, I don't like short hair). I completely give this product a thousand stars because its amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment