Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Relationships Withdrawls: The Single Life Sucks Sometimes

You know as I'm sitting here amongst my many notebooks and unwashed dishes I can't help but think about how I felt when I was in a relationship. I have to say that I miss it a lot even though I enjoy being single. When your single you don't have to be in contact with someone 24/7 or have to go out with them. You can basically just relax in your running shorts and trainers and not care about what you look like for days on end, unless you have to go out into a public setting. I love being single but I also love having someone for be there at the end of the day. As much as I want to be Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada), I can't help but yearn to be Allie who has her Noah writing her 365 letters. I don't want someone who writes me 365 texts a day but it would be nice to have a boy care about my cruddy day regardless of how boring and uneventful its been.

I was sitting with my friends at a Starbucks today and we were discussing relationships and boys/girls. We all want that one perfect person for us but being realistic we won't find the perfect being because there is no such thing. Of course there can be someone, who along with their imperfections, we find them to be the perfect match for us because just like Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass, our demons can get along just fine. That's the kind of love I want, and possibly love is too far fetched but the closest thing will do. I would be amazing to find someone who isn't necessarily similar to me but close to a copy where we balance each other nicely. I guess I will have to go and buy a bag or chips or cookies and dwell upon my single life because to top it all off I'm lactose intolerant, so getting a tub of ice cream is not an option unless I want to toot my way back to school and continue tooting until morning. So if you are single like me do like Beyonce and dance to 'All the Single Ladies'. Its better than just laying there and mopping about it but mope once a week and dance the rest of the days and make milkshakes because milkshakes bring the boys to the yacht, even if you don't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment